Monday, April 6, 2009

Creature from the Black Lagoonie-O's

Here is some progress on a project I'm working on... I'm doing the artwork for a cereal box inspired by old monster movies. I picked the Creature from the Black Lagoon, so I'm making Creature of the Black Lagoonie-O's (creative..i know.) haha, it's kind of fun so far. Below is the sketch for the box and two color comps. I've got some reworking to do, but I'll post the final when I get it done.


As an extension to this project, I've decided to do a toy that goes in the box, too. I think this is my favorite part. I really enjoy doing these 3D figures. He has glass reptile eyes. I had them laying around. That sounds creepy, but I had ordered them for a different project. I thought they worked well here, though. Anyways, I'm cooking him now so we'll see how it turns out!



No comments:

Post a Comment