Tuesday, May 12, 2009

nyc

This weekend I went to the Awards Ceremony for the Student Competition at the Society of Illustrators in New York City. It was so cool! New York is so huge! I really liked the Society. Most of the work that was hanging in the show was just awesome. One of the speakers said that there were almost 5,600 entries and only 144 entries were selected, so it was definitely an honor to be there. Unfortunately, the Veggie Monster did not make it from Ohio to New York in one piece. His can opener fell off and his arm broke apart, but luckily there was an armature underneath so it appeared to be together. I didn't get to see it before the opening, so it sat like that throughout the show. The next day I got some superglue and put him back together, but unfortunately some veggies are still missing and the paint is chipped. Needless to say I wasn't very excited about that, but I positioned him strategically in the case so it doesn't look that bad.. But all in all, fun trip!


(Above) Times Square in NY.. We took a double decker bus tour. Sounds corny, but it was pretty neat. A good way to see the city in a day.


(Above) Information about the exhibit.


(Above) Me and Veggie Monster, after I fixed him.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, Can I use your time square photo as source for a painting? I do abstract so it probably doesn't matter, but thought I would ask anyways. - Thank you, Peter

    ReplyDelete